Monday, December 1, 2014

It Only Takes A Little

The room was shrouded in darkness.

I stumbled,

trying to find

 my way to the light switch 

on the wall across the room.

Pulling my cell phone from my pocket

I searched for the flashlight app 

on my phone screen.

Upon hearing the "squeee"...

from the flashlight turning on, 

the room flooded with light

and I could see!!

It never ceases to amaze me 

how light penetrates darkness.

With just a tiny light 

darkness is pushed away.

It's the same way with vinegar in water.

You see~
a little makes a big difference.


Think about:

Heat in the chill.

A smile toward the sad.

A hug to the lonely.

A forgiving word.

A prayer for the despondent.

Just a little.

Makes a difference.

We don't always know the extent or the impact.

In my Christian tradition, as I celebrate Christmas, 

we have entered the season we call 
Advent.

1.  a
 coming into place, view, or being; arrival:
the advent of the holiday season
.
2.  the coming of Christ into the world.3.  the period beginning four Sundays before Christmas, 
observed in commemoration of the coming of Christ into the world.
During this season of joy,
 of Advent,
 I ponder:

One tiny Child,a world changer,  
simply by being...being willing.

Am I a world changer?
Do I make a difference?
Am I willing?
Does my light shine?
Does it dispel darkness?

vinegar in water,
heat in the chill,
a smile toward the sad,
a hug to the lonely,
a forgiving word,
a prayer for the despondent

Just a little.
Makes a difference.




1 comment:

Donnie Pirtle said...

Beautifully written. You do make a difference. Have a Happy, Blessed and Wonderful Christmas Season.